Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I picked up my roommate at her office today, in order to throw boxes into the back of my vehicle. While Carrie was upstairs grabbing the last of her belongings and I was stuffing the last of the boxes into my car, I heard, "Excuse me." I turned to see which doofus wanted directions around Oakland (that I wouldn't be able to help with anyway) and the guy continued..."Excuse me...You just...you just look beautiful."

Huh? Did he just say that?

Yes.

"Really, you do. You look beautiful. I was just wondering....if I gave you my number, would you call me? I'm really a nice guy. I am."

Seriously?

"Wow, thank you so much," I said,"But...I don't think so. I'm sorry."

"Would you be so kind as to give me your number?"

"Umm, no I don't think so. Again, thanks, but no."

I turned away and got into my car. Only problem? Carrie hadn't come back from getting her belongings from her office. I sat alone in my car. It was hot. My car was off. My window, rolled down. (yeah, really smart on my part.)

The doofus, whom I thought had driven away, shouted from his car window, "Are you sure if I gave you my number...well, would you atleast think about calling me?"

"Umm...well....I'll think about it."

I took the number.

It turns out, I've already dated a "Mike" and he was pretty damn weird. I don't need another one, no matter how beautiful he thinks I am.

Sure doesn't hurt a girl's ego though...

3 comments:

alison said...

woowoo! Its confirmed! Miranda is a hottie!

Claire said...

Miranda. Do I even need to say it? What happened to that awkward embracing kindred spirit I love so much?

M!r&a said...

Is this you telling me to call the dude? Did you call the BART dude? Oh wait, maybe this is you telling me to post on Craigslist!!!