Saturday, December 23, 2006

Whiskey Packing

My family had to leave the house at 5:30 this morning to catch a flight to CA to visit my brother and his family. Sounds a tad painful, right? I suppose it may not have been so bad if I hadn't been drinking whiskey all night trying to rid myself of the hell that is known as the common cold. Add to that the fact that I found it more important to try on my new Christmas clothes and load more songs onto my nano than to pack a suitcase--and when ZM left at midnight-thirty, I was still throwing things into my luggage, without a care in the world.

So what have I learned from this experience? Whiskey may rid a girl of the sniffles for a night, but will not cure the common cold; loading The Postal Service and Dixie Chicks onto your nano really is more important than making sure you have enough socks for a 5 day vacation; and getting up at 5 am after drinking whiskey all night long makes for very long flights and the most peaceful naps you can ever imagine.

(As a side note, perhaps this will lead to a new song--maybe even a bit more upbeat than songs of the past--something about whiskey packing....feel free to comment with your suggestions about lyrics.)

1 comment:

Willow Goldentree said...

"I packed my whisky in my suitcase
I know it won't be there too long
I packed my whisky in my suitcase
I know this day just can't go wrong"

That should be sung in a total southern twang. I'll demonstrate next time you come over. *wink*