Saturday, March 15, 2008

playing guitar...

I just played guitar for the first time in months. No really, MONTHS. I don't think I've played since October...and it felt good, friends, GOOD. I think I played for 2 hours in the house by myself, then put Virginia away for a few minutes. I made bloody marys for myself and Josh, then serenaded him in the garage while he played with his RC cars and attempted to put them back together. I know it seems weird, but we both seem to have remembered that we like to do different things and we are both getting back to doing the things we really love to do - separately - and I like that. Silence is golden sometimes. We never really seem to talk about our hobbies, but we have been great about respecting those interests. I like that...a lot.

On another note, I have to go to the POST Academy for Probation Officers starting tomorrow at 2pm. I'll spend two weeks away from home (except weekends) at the Academy learning how to do my job in a better fashion (at least, that's my hope), but am sad that I have to be away from my "family" for such a long time.

And lastly, and I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, I have perfected my bloody mary recipe. They are soooooo delicious! Man, thanks to Zeitgeist in San Francisco, I have learned that adding horseradish into my mixture has really improved the recipe. Yum!!!

No comments: