Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lent

Did I mention that Josh and I started a little weight loss competition right after the new year?  Yeah, started on 1/2/10 and goes until 4/1/10.  I was certain that he was going to win because I really only wanted to lose the 20 pounds I had gained after I lost 50 and Josh has a history of being able to drop 25 pounds in a month.  Anyway, I don't really know what the winner actually wins, but now I'm starting to think I'm actually capable.  I've been diligent about tracking my points (I've been on and off Weight Watchers for the past 2.5 years) and have dropped about 10 pounds in 6 weeks, and that includes the tiem I spent laying on the couch after surgery.  I still can't really exercise the way I want to, but have done pilates at home a few times.  I originally told him that if I win I want to be able to go see Alison in Mpls (hi, Alison!) but I don't know if we'll even be able to afford that, so we'll see. 

So this whole thing leads into Lent.  I couldn't figure out what I wanted to give up and thought long and hard about stuff until last night...when really I should have decided by Tuesday night.  Oh well.  I figured it out right before I went to bed.  I'm not going to eat or drink anything after 8pm Sunday through Thursday.  I know this sounds ridiculous because really, who limits their Lenten journey to 5 nights a week?  I do.  And I like to think I have good reason for this....that being the fact that our weekends are so unpredictable.  We are always so busy on the weekends and sometimes don't end up at home until 7 or 8pm and then I have to figure out what to do for dinner.  Plus, it's bound to work wonders for my weight loss if I limit my beverages at night to before 8pm...most of the time I don't drink anything until 7pm anyway.  Does that sound lame?  I've also become really bad about brushing my teeth at night and flossing everyday, so I added that into my Lenten journey as well.  Super lame.  Makes me sound like I'm either a dentist or 80 years old...or both.  Oh well!  Overall, I suppose my promise to myself is to try to take care of myself a little more...wish me luck :)

1 comment:

shauna said...

You should pledge your weight loss goals at www.pfpchallenge.com. The Idaho Foodbank gets .14 for every pound you pledge to lose. /end advertisement/ :-)