Thursday, March 09, 2006

Year: 1995--The first time I was exposed to the music Chris Cunningham and John Hermanson aka "Chris and Johnny" at Luther Heights Bible Camp. Love at first listen.

Year: 1996--Mom bought me my first Chris and Johnny CD "Miles and Means" because she was probably tired of me ranting and raving about them and how great they are.

Year: somewhere between 95 and 96: Chris and Johnny changed their name to "Storyhill" and I don't have a clue as to why.

Year: 1997--Storyhill decided to take a hiatus from singing together. I was heartbroken and distraught....even more so because when I showed up at Augustana College that fall, I found out that Storyhill has performed there every year for the past 7 or 8 years. When their last show was recorded and distributed, I bought a copy and huddled in my dorm with Jill Brown, listening to the masterpieces.

Year: 1998--I saw Jonny play a solo show in Bookings, South Dakota!

Year: 1999--I talked my mom into going to a house concert of Chris' in Boise, since I couldn't be there. I Swore to Liz Amrhein that if I ever got married, "If I Could" would be my wedding song.

Year: 2001 and 2002--My year on Captive Free. I missed about 4 Storyhill reunion shows that year.

Year: 2003--Storyhill played in Chicago! And I missed them due to work stuff.....grrrrrrrr!!!

Year: 2006--March 9. Paid $19.50 to go see Storyhill perform a 30 minutes set (opening for Erika Luckett) in Berkeley, then left after the show because there wasn't any thing worth seeing after they wowed me. For all of the shows that I've missed in the past, paying $19.50 was worth the 30 minutes. I took this horrible photo from my phone just to prove to myself (and you) that I was there. And I'm still contemplating missing my company party to go see them again. Call me crazy!


http://www.storyhill.com

No comments: