Tuesday, May 09, 2006


Do you know my name?

Qualifiers: My new habit. I am having difficulty deciding if they are acceptable or not. They show up, most of the time, to make stories more interesting, particularly when it comes those I've dated.

...Liar Dave, Nice Jack, Divorced Rob, Buddhist Pat, Josiah with the nice name and the bad temper, Crown Royal Justin, Polystyrene midget Matt...

I'm not sure they know of the qualifiers I use when describing them. In fact, I'm quite sure they don't. I can't help but wonder, if and when (mostly "IF") they talk about me, do they use qualifiers to describe my personality? And if they do, what do they use?

Musical Miranda is too cliche. Mediocre Miranda is fitting, but is that a word that shows up in everyday conversation?

Hmmm...what's my name?

(and hey, if I dated you, don't take offense to it. It's not like I'm telling people your downfalls....well, unless you are Liar Dave....and in that case, I usually am.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I dated you.

Anonymous said...

Folk Miranda. Nothing but the utmost respect. Oh and Pizza or Steak burgers in the next few days.

alison said...

i thought he was dirty josiah. or ass-face josiah. those are the ways i've heard him described, at least.

M!r&a said...

I think I forgot to mention that those I've dated are allowed to have more than one qualifier. Josiah was dirty, this much is true.

Claire said...

Was that at least good dirty? or do you just mean "needs to wash under his fingernails" kind of dirty?

M!r&a said...

It was definately an, "I need to wash my hair AND under my fingernails" type of dirty. But damn, he did have a nice name.