Thursday, May 11, 2006

I had peanuts thrown at me on my flight last night.

I was tired. I had been reading, had a glass of wine, and did some Sudoku on the plane,then started to fall asleep. I awoke to the guy across the aisle being given a stern talking to by one of the flight attendants. It went something like this, "You asked us if you could smoke and we told you no. Why did you need to spray all of that cologne back there? If you weren't smoking, why does it smells like smoke???" The flight attendant walked away without saying anything more--rightfully frustrated.

I fell asleep again and this time, awoke to the strange, smoking dude across the aisle whistling. Not only was he whistling, he was whistling to get my attention. I opened my eyes to find this guy sprawled across the aisle with a snack in his hand, waving it at me, telling me to take it. I shook my head and said, "Uhh, no thanks. No, really. NO!" and I turned my head to fall asleep again.

Not even 10 minutes later, I was pelted on the shoulder with a rather large bag of airline peanuts that the guy decided to stockpile on his way back from the bathroom.

I gave him the evil eye and once again, turned my head to fall back asleep. The plane made its descent into Chicago about 30 minutes later. There were no further complications.

No comments: