Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Things I recommend (thanks JB)

*Playing in the Probation Officers vs. Detention Officers Annual Softball game. We (Probation) lost, but I am convinced that we had far more fun than the DOs. I was weary of playing, since I hadn't played since I was about 14 years old...but I did...and I did well.

*Josh's "Never Trust a Hippie Party." Really, nothing beats playing poker at 2pm, wearing clothes that emulate a couch, and saying "far out" a lot.



*Walking to get coffee. My usual Saturday/Sunday routine has evolved into taking Josh's daughter with me in the mornings to get coffee and hot chocolate. Since Brooke was at her mom's for the weekend, I managed to convince Josh to walk with me to get coffee on Saturday morning. It was such a nice 2 mile walk that I decided to go alone on Monday morning.

*Working for the government. Ok, it has it's downfalls that I really need not get into right now. However, it also has perks like getting to take Columbus Day off while many others have to work.

*Going to a matinee on Columbus Day. There's no one in the theater at noon on a Monday. Gotta love that, even if the movie is mediocre (which I've already determined "is not so bad.")

*WAPATCHE. I have no idea of that is the correct acronym for this conference, but I really don't care. It's some Criminal Justice Conference that I was actually thinking about going to this year in Reno, but my job kept me here for the week. Lucky me, I don't have either of my classes this week and actually have ample time to do important work.

*Funny boyfriends. Yeah yeah, you're sick of hearing about Josh, but I'm not sick of telling about how funny he is. He grew out this gigantic beard for the previously mentioned party, then promptly shaved all of it off the next day, except for this biker/white trash mustache. I have a hard time looking at him with a straight face....



*Switching to Verizon. Yup, I did it. AT&T/Cingular was driving me nuts, so after 5 years with the same carrier, I switched it up. Same number, new cool phone.

4 comments:

alison said...

i heart your hair in the hippie pic! also, glad you seem to be having so much fun with your life.

Claire said...

Ditto on what Alison said. I'm really digging your hair. I know it's probably special "Dirty hippie party hair," but you should seriously consider rocking that on a more regular basis.

Miranda said...

Indeed, that was my dirty hippie hair. I honestly think it looks better in the picture than it did in person, but I'll consider your requests :)

alison said...

yes. dirty hippie hair is definitely sexy. at least on you...