Sunday, December 09, 2007

I need a break....

...from....writing? Wait, that doesn't seem right. Let's try this again. I need a break from ADHD. I think that can actually be taken in both an academic sense and in the literal sense. I don't want to study it anymore. I'm done. I don't care anymore. So what if it's cause by fukt-up uptake dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin, and monoamine oxidase. So what if it's highly heritable. So what if it can be treated with stimulants, non-stimulants, and psychotropic drugs. So what, so what, SO EFFING WHAT?!

Alright, I'm going to be ok. I'm just tired and I don't care anymore and I still have a bunch of stuff to write about the evolution and adaptations of the disorder. Again, I don't really care anymore.

This next part is for Alison (and I suppose anyone else who is interested...), did you know that you can have ADHD without being hyperactive? In fact, in adults, the hyperactive part tends to dissipate and the inattentiveness increases. Sorry Jon, you'll have to hear that again Monday night. I thought it was interesting. For anyone else who is interested, you can be assessed for ADHD here. Click on "assessments." I scored as a "high" which would explain why the fuck I'm writing this right now instead of typing my paper....

3 comments:

alison said...

Remember how on team everyone would think I was such an asshole because I would sometimes make Luke stop playing the guitar when I was talking? I literally couldn't think with the extra noise.

Anyway, I took the quiz, and ranked high, but then nate said that all humans have those problems. so who knows. But I have a high level of inattentiveness.

Anonymous said...

I think that website is crap. I took the little quiz and it ranked me really high for ADHD and I'm sorry, I am far to lazy. I could easily lay in bed for 10 hours strait and watch TV.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I spell "to" incorrectly. Should be "too." Just thought I would beat you to the punch since I know you already have to edit and grade enough shitty papers.