Monday, March 23, 2009

I like to think I am really funny and creative

I sent this e-mail out to the entire agency....I can't begin to tell you how many people thought I had a chronic illness...

From: Miranda
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 11:57 AM
To: Everyone at work
Subject: An unfortunate condition....can you help?

Teammates -
I've recently come to realize that a condition I've been not-so-blessed with for several years has flared up over the past few months. It appears as though the only thing that has aided in keeping this condition (Fatomahthighs) under control in the past has been proper diet and exercise, both of which I have been unsuccessful in maintaining for more than a period of approximately 3 days. In my quest for controlling Fatomahthighs, I've determined that I am in need of some sort of accountability (apparently the scale is not enough) and perhaps a partner (or several for that matter) to encourage me to increase my activity level. Knowing the above information, aren't you excited to help?!

Here is what I would like to see happen:
1. You e-mail or call me if you are interested in participating in a little contest.
2. I collect all names of those interested and form two groups/teams.
3. Each team will have a team go-getter to encourage participation and to give updates on which team is winning.
4. Over the course of about 4 weeks each individual will document their activity levels (more information about documenting activities forthcoming!)
5. The team with the most points (again, more information forthcoming!) WINS!

Now, you may be wondering what, exactly, the winning team will win. I haven't a clue. However, I can tell you that it will be awesome and creative and...well....probably something homemade....that is, unless someone has a better idea.

So what do you have to do? You need to e-mail or call me by next Wednesday (3/18/09) so I can divvy up the teams and get all of the rules straightened out. The contest will officially begin on Monday, 3/23/09 and will end on Sunday 4/19/09. Don't worry, POST attendees! If you want to participate but don't get a chance to tell me prior to heading out to the Academy, just write down your activities (duration + activity) and shoot me an e-mail when you come back and I'll add you to a team! Simple as that!

Ready? Let's do this! Miranda :)

No comments: