Wednesday, February 14, 2018

It's a rebuilding year

I'm back. It's been awhile, but I'm back. Maybe short-term, maybe long-term, maybe somewhere in between. Only time will tell.

It's been almost three months since my dear husband of almost 8 1/2 years e-mailed me from across the state to inform me he was no longer interested in being married and was seeking divorce. I'm not going to lie, it rocked my world, threw me into upheaval, left me homeless and feeling a little worthless and unloved.

Have no fear, my friends, that didn't last very long. As it turns out, I have done a so much for myself over the last few years and all of these things have truly helped me discover and solidify who I am as a human. I have too much going for me to wallow in self-pity.

And so with this revelation, I have dubbed 2018 as a rebuilding year. It will be year of rebuilding my identity and what it means to be a newly single woman with ambitions and confidence, of rebuilding a home, of building on old and new relationships with friends.

All of that said, it's Valentine's Day. I've never been one to celebrate the day but maybe I'll start because it's a good time to remember to love myself, love others and do what I love.

2 comments:

Alfred Lord Tenniscourt said...

Ha! What a jump! 2010 to 2018!

It's funny, blogs seem a little strange in 2018. Everything has been reduced to tweets and facebook one-liners, and here you are writing paragraphs... Long, old, thoughtful paragraphs.

I hope you keep your blog up for a little while. I, for one, always like to look at it.

More about this rebuilding year, already!

MBA

Anonymous said...

I went on a weird date with you many years ago in the Bay. I say weird because I was in a weird place, you weren't weird at all. Since then I've been through some stuff, and I randomly remembered the phrase "mediocrity is not so bad," thinking of myself, googled it, and here I am. No point except life is weird. Hope you're doing well a year after this post.