Saturday, February 18, 2006



My roommate is awesome. Have I told you this? She is. She so awesome, in fact, that we have stopped calling each other by our real names and have gone as far as calling each other "T.O." "The One." I am not a lesbian, nor am I planning on becoming one, but as far as I'm concerned, Carrie is T.O and I am T.O. for her--forever and ever, amen.

Read on, friends, read on...

1. T.O. and I have equal distribution of household chores, including, but not limited to, the understanding that if we are doing the dishes together, I wash and she dries.

2. T.O. has accompanied me to a rehearsal dinner for a friend's wedding and then took me to a dive bar to cope with the fact that yet another friend was gettin' hitched. Of course, she also got me nice and loaded so that I could get the guts to make the move on the dude who came with us.

3. For Valentine's Day, when she was making cookies for the man in her life, she made me one too. AND, she laughed at my pathetic/anti-Valentine's message that I created out of conversation hearts, which was really not pointed at anyone, by the way. (see photos above)

4. We've seen each other's body parts (all on accident, of course...you know, bending over and "oops, you're in the shower" moments.) and when I got bruised up at school one day, she was the first to want to photograph it.

5. She tells me that all of my food that I cook is good, even if it really isn't.

6. We've met each other's parents.

7. When I can't remember all of the reasons she's T.O. she finishes them for me...


Friends, I hope that you'll discover your T.O. someday. It'll come when you least expect it--that's what they always tell me. And always, ALWAYS remember, that you are allowed more than one....and that gin and tonic tastes better with limes. That's very important too.

1 comment:

alison said...

I am placing a comment so that you know that you have a faithful fanbase and thus feel obligated to continue posting.

post away!!!