Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Today, one of my 15 year-old students said, "I dislike you so much that when I look at you, when I see your face, it makes my ass burn." I wanted nothing more than to respond with, "Do you need some cream for that?" or "Is that a healthy kind of burn?" or perhaps even, "Does it feel kinda like you lit a match and stuck it onto your sphincter?"

But, I didn't. I kept my calm. Then, when all of the students left, I laughed. I laughed a lot. Because really, that's all you can do.

Thankfully, I can still school him in dominoes. That's what really counts in the whole scheme of things.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Miranda, I'm amazed at your self restraint. Perhaps this is why you work with kids, and I do not.

alison said...

You make his ass burn?? that is so crazy. Generally, when I'm angry, its not my ass that burns, its my fists of rage... just kidding. but seriously. who says that???