Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Retail Therapy

I will be the first to admit it--I am not a shopper. I get cranky and snippy and all I want to do is be left alone. Take note, if I say that I'm going to the mall, steer clear. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, and DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT offer to come with me. That is, of course, unless you want to tell me exactly how I look in everything that I put on. Of course, this all changes when 1) I have money and 2) I have gift cards.

That being said, I had a complete shit day at work today--complete with a bitch-slap from a student and him breaking the skin in 3 places on the back of my hand because I was required to get his coat off before he went into the Time-Out Room....then another student kicked me and bit me in the afternoon. I had a cami to return and a gift card to Macy's all from Christmas and needed to get something done with them. So, I went off to the mall to see what I could come up with. Cami exchanged (with a few minor purchases on the side (I'm quite excited to wear the new sweater and slacks...the track pants are on as I type), I headed to Macy's to check out the shoe collection.

Below are the shoes that I purchased, thanks to the 15% off coupon from mom and the gift card from my brother and sister-in-law. I was so in love with them that when I came home, I prepared my food for tomorrow's dinner (I am sooooo ahead of the game!) I wore them with my track pants. This, my friends, is how big of a dork I am.

2 comments:

alison said...

sorry about your crappy day, but your shoes are sooo sooo cute! i am jealous that i cannot afford to buy anything nice or new ever. enjoy them!

Claire said...

I've eyed those shoes everytime I've been in a department store in the last month (which, suprisingly, is quite a few times). And I've definitely done the wearing the shoes around the house with things that don't match because I'm excited about them. In fact, I think I did it yesterday! Hope your day ended on a good note, and let me know if you end up making the turkey and hominy.