Thursday, May 03, 2007

Soooooo.....you want to know how Vegas was?!

Well, starting out on a Saturday morning with Bailey's in our coffee should give you an indication of how the weekend was....continued by a bloody mary on the plane, then a beer upon entrance to our hotel in Vegas, followed by breakfast....wait, BREAKFAST?! With beer?! You are correct.

Josh and I played a few hands of blackjack and managed not to lose a whole lot of money (yet) and continued to drink a few beers throughout the day, until we were finally able to check into our hotel room at 1pm.

Rest.

More blackjack.

More beer.

Drinks in the bar (enter hard liquor....can you see where this is going?)

Then, the party really got started--we met up with the other 4 fabulous people who went to Vegas with us. Amanda insisted, before dinner at a faaaaaaaabulous Chinese/sushi restaurant, that we enjoy some gigantic, slushy adult beverages (I think I was actually walking around with a 32 oz Mango Margarita) and the rest of us insisted on $2 jello shots from the same establishments.

Excellent dinner!

Then came the show....Crazy Horse...the topless show (with "really cool lighting") for folks who are too ashamed to go to the strip club. I had high hopes of going to something like Cirque du Soleil while we were in Vegas, but Crazy Horse was what the majority voted for, so what's what we went to. Gooood times. I won't give details to what I was paying most attention to throughout the show....but it wasn't the actual show.

Next, Carnival Court, where the bartenders throw bottles up in the air and do all sorts of tricks and all we had to do was pay them $10/drink. We danced (yikes!) and Amanda manged to take an amazing video of Josh and his coworker Malia.....ohhhhhhh my my my.

The last bit of the evening shall not be recorded. I'll just say that the cab ride and the remainder of the evening was unforgettable, for very, very different reasons.

Sunday was a better day for gambling--Josh managed to enter 3 Texas Hold 'em tournaments and placed in 2 of them! Owwwwwwwww!!! Kate and I played in one as well, and I managed to stay in until there were only 25 people left...then I got rivered and kicked out. I was still pretty proud of myself.

The weekend ended with a Fat Burger at 9:30 am and a sleepy plane ride back to Boise on Monday afternoon.

Going back to work was less than pleasurable on Tuesday....as soon as my bank account gets stocked up again, I'm headed back....who's in?!

4 comments:

Josh said...

To elaborate on thh carnival court...

Check out some youtube clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2WqDF-_3L8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd4BDfof-0s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoKvq4629jI


oooowwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!

alison said...

oh, I am so in! Vegas sounds like my kinda scene. (32 oz. margaritas pretty much sealed it.)

kate said...

Good times 4 sure.

Malia said...

Those jello shots are a for sure everytime we visit Vegas from here on out. Even if they do taste like rubbing alcohol they get the job done.