Sunday, November 11, 2007

plumbing, in the most literal sense.

Last week, with no warning, my bathtub stopped draining. I supposed it didn't STOP stop, but it began to drain very, very, VERY slowly. So much that, by the end of my 10 minute shower, the tub was completely filled and took 20 minutes to drain.

I bought Drain-O.

After 2 doses, it still wouldn't drain.

I e-mailed my landlord and said I could live with it for a few days, but would really like someone to come check it out next week. She scheduled a plumber to come on Wednesday. I figured I could live with that, as long as I could muster up some energy to clean up my apartment so the plumber didn't have to deal with that mess too.

Saturday morning I got up and started my deep-clean of the kitchen, living room, and bathroom. I cleaned the toilet, flushed, and watched the remnants of previous uses come right back up and flood onto my floor. DAMMIT.

I bought a plunger (and some Sparks to make the rest of the process less horrible). I plunged until I could not plunge anymore. Still, nothing. Every time that stupid toilet flushed (OK, all 3 times), it flooded water onto my floor.

With that, I e-mailed my landlord (the only number I have is her office line, which is right next door and they are gone until Tuesday) in hopes that she would get the message that I cannot stay at my apartment until the plumbing is fixed and requested that someone come to fix it earlier than Wednesday. I don't think she's going to get the message until Tuesday, which just plain sucks.

So now, not only does my bathtub fail to drain, my toilet will not flush. Thankfully I have a place to stay (thanks Josh) until someone with expertise can come save my apartment.

No comments: