Wednesday, April 02, 2008

it's been awhile...

...and I don't really have anything interesting to say.

I went to POST Academy for work and graduated last Friday, so that was nice. It suuuuuuuuucks to have to stay in dorms, with a roommate, without the ability to leave campus (except for the weekend) when you only live 15 minutes away. Oh well, like I said, it's over and I got an "awesome" sweat suit with my name on it for future use.

The semester is coming to a close, but is sooooooo busy, yet again. And this time, I really didn't procrastinate. I really just haven't had enough time to get everything done, especially since I had to be gone at POST for 2 weeks.

Josh is taking his first rafting trip this weekend and I'm jealous. I'm staying home with Brooke and will be going crazy reading research for my presentation on Tuesday.

Wow, this is such a boring post. I'm really, really sorry that I have nothing better to write about. Maybe something exciting will happen soon and I can tell you about it. For now, I'll just head back to watching Idol and studying for my test tomorrow.

4 comments:

alison said...

I've seen you mention this "POST" academy before, but I don't know what it is. I am sure I slacked on reading something or other that explained it, but... can you explain it again?

Miranda said...

I don't think I ever explained it. POST is the Peace Officer Standards Training for Idaho. They do academies for all of the police officers in the state and they also do Detention and Probation academies. So I had to go for 2 weeks to this training academy and stay on campus Sunday night through Friday morning and we got to go home Friday night through Sunday night. And that's that...I probably left a ton of stuff out but I can always fill you in later...

alison said...

oh, that makes sense. so what was the end result? was it useful to you?

Miranda said...

Yeah, it was alright. Some classes were interesting, others too boring. Overall, I think it will be helpful. Self-defense day was AWESOME!!