Saturday, September 13, 2008

Oops, I got lost.

I got up at 5:45 Friday morning so I could be out the door running at 6am and back by 6:40 to get ready for work. I stretched more than usual because my knee has been hurting about 2 miles into every run, so I left the house at 6:10. I still figured I would be home by 6:50 to get Brooke up for school and make us lunches. To make a long story short, I changed my route and (surprise!) got lost. I jogged for about 45 minutes (longer than EVER) and when I finally figured out where I was, I was 2 miles home, had an aching knee, no cell phone to call Josh (as if he would have heard his phone ring anyway!), and had to walk the remainder of the way to the house with all of the high school kids on their way to school. I got home at 7:40. Oops!

I mapped my route on google maps and figured out I went a minimum of 6 miles. Overall, I think I ran a total of 3 miles, then walked another 3 to eventually end up at home.

I will never, never enter a neighborhood of which I am unfamiliar without a map in hand ever again...at least, not when I am expected to be somewhere shortly after my run.

1 comment:

alison said...

You should get one of those garmin thingies. runners love it.

Even though you got lost, its awesome that you are making such good progress!

I used to get lost a lot on team. Now I try to only walk on grids ;)

also kudos on the getting up so early!