Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Sexy, right?

Yesterday at 6 am, I took my final "normal" steps on my right foot for about 3-4 weeks while walking to the surgical services desk at Alta Bates Hospital here in Berkeley. Talk about "walking to your own death..." No longer is my foot burdened with the aches and pains of having a bunion (thanks Dad, I owe it all to you) ... now it's just full of the aches and pains of having had a "Right Foot Bunionectomy and First Metatarsal Osteotomy," the use of crutches, and having to lay in bed/on my couch for atleast a week, maybe more. Thankfully, my roomate is awesome (I may have mentioned this before?!) and has done everything possible to make sure that I am completely set up and comfortable in my room--we're talking bringing up a cooler of ice so I can continue to ice the wounds while she's at work, programming the coffee maker so all I have to do is push the button and it's made, bringing my CD player as closet to my bed as possible, and buying loads of fruits and veggies in order to reduce the negative effects of the Vicodin I'm taking. She bought me flowers and everything.


Not to mention, helping with the daily crossword puzzle and sympathizing with me when I told her about the nurse who thought she'd try to get the IV into my arm, even if she didn't think it would go through. Whatever.

The point is, I'm laid up and you can expect lots of blogs (I think), instant messages and text messages asking about crossword puzzle clues, random facts about Mormons (I bought a new book!) and instant replies to e-mails...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy Ms. Hansen, Down time sucks! I've broken my leg and arm not to mention have allergies. Nice to hear from you. Peace and get health, Your friend John

alison said...

Randa--
Glad to hear you got the surgery and everything, but Im a little unhappy that I read this post.. I instantly got a mental picture of someone taking a saw to your foot and was totally grossed out...ugh.
hope you heal well! get ready to wear sexy strappy sandals!
alison