Friday, August 25, 2006

After spending part of the morning and early afternoon at The Buzz drinking a few cups of coffee and reading for school, I felt pangs in my stomach. Hunger had set in and I needed food right away. I knew that I would be able to scrape up some food at the house, afterall, mom and dad have a million and a half eggs and 1513 cans of tuna at the house (I'm not sure why). However, after having had eggs or tuna nearly everyday for the past week, I really didn't want to eat it again. So, I stopped off at Jack-In-The-Box for a chicken sandwich. I pulled up the window to give the guy my cash and he said, "Do you want any Ranch or Fry Sauce?" Ahh, FRY SAUCE!!! It's been so long since I've lived in Boise that I had completely forgotten about the fry sauce phenomenon! I'm telling you, it's everywhere. One can even find it bottled in the grocery stores in this fine city. The funny thing is, anytime I've tried to explain to people what it is, they simply don't believe me. Of course, each establishment has their own recipe and name for fry sauce--special sauce, secret sauce, etc. And for proof, friends, here you go:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's Nico...hope you are having a good time back home.

Take care.

jb said...

hey, this is totally unrelated (though i am frightened by the "secret sauce" discovery), but i need your email address! all i have is the old church one. do you still have mine? if so, i want to hear from you! :)