Sunday, October 01, 2006

I LOVE going to movies alone. LOVE LOVE LOVE it and remembered just why I love it so much this afternoon. After quite a bit of studying this afternoon, I decided to treat myself to a seat in the theater adjacent to the coffee shop I was sitting in. To say that I went to that particular coffee shop, completely across town, without the intention of seeing "Little Miss Sunshine" would be a lie. I knew damn well that I was going to go to the 4:40 show--it was just a matter of whether or not I got the majority of my paper written by the time I needed to pack up my books.

4:30 hit and I packed up my stuff and headed next door. I thought I had it made--until the previews started, I was the only one in the theater. Another couple strolled into the theater and sat atleast 10 rows in front of me. I'm really not sure if they knew I was in there until I saw one of them turn around when I started to laugh quite loudly. But you know what? It doesn't matter if I laughed loudly or not--I was alone. There was no one to embarrass but myself. I could hem and haw all I wanted to. And I could even send absurd text messages throughout the film without being a complete ass. And I did. And it was wonderful.

I give "Little Miss Sunshine" 2 thumbs up for awkwardness and entertainment value. For those who haven't seen it (or hell, even if you have)....Ready, Set, GO see it. Now.

2 comments:

jb said...

good call! i heart that movie! we laughed through the whole thing!

alison said...

i really would love to see it again...the characters in that movie are so ridiculously amazing! (glad you liked it)