Monday, October 23, 2006

I should be researching, but I can't help but write about the conversation I just heard.

I'm sitting at a Moxie Java in Boise. A woman walked in with her husband and son, walked up to the counter and ordered a very complex drink....something along the lines of "Large caramel latte, whole milk, extra hot, extra shot, and could you put the normal amount of caramel along with a little bit of chocolate?" Her husband and son ordered hot chocolate.

They sat down and the woman continued to nag at her family....and FYI, her son was a college age young man, not a small child. "Drink that faster, I can't just sit here all day," "Stop playing with your cup, it's going to spill," alongside complaints about work, weather, and whatever else she felt like nagging for atleast 40 minutes. Then, just before they got up to leave, she said, "It's teh end of the day, I can't be held responsible for making decisions. I don't make any decisions at the end of the day. I'm not going to be responsible for any decisions when it's the end of the day."

Seriously? I'm pretty sure she just made a million decisions for her family while she sat here picking out every fault that they have and deciding which of those faults they need to change.

I'm done. More researching...let me know if you have any thoughts about Juvenile Diversion...

1 comment:

alison said...

juvenile diversion, eh? i would most definitely tell you my thoughts if i had any idea what that was...