Monday, August 20, 2007

I have a slight obsession...

...With rearranging my apartment. Granted, I'm not as bad as I used to be. I used to go through phases where I would rearrange my apartment or at least my bedroom once every month or two. I've lived here since December 30, 2006 and have only moved my living area around once. It must stem from feeling like things are out of place in life or something internal like that. I don't really feel like things are out of sync right now, by any means, but I decided to make a pretty big change in the arrangement of things around here today. I think I just got bored because I don't start my new job or classes for another week and I certainly don't want to do anything too productive (you know, like take a shower or change out of my pajamas). The problem is, I'm only half-way through my "little" rearrangement and I'm already tired of it. Now my apartment is in more disarray than it was an hour ago and I have no one pushing me to get it done. No one comes over here, so it's not like I am going to have massive amounts of company and need to make sure things are spic 'n' span. Ugh. I need encouragement to keep going.

On the flip side, I've decided to move my TV (which I never watch) into my bedroom to make more room for guitars in the living room. I haven't been playing much over the past 8 or 9 months because I've been distracted by school, work, and (though I hate to admit it) boyfriends. BUT, the other day I remembered where all of my old music is that I wrote and I sat around for 5 hours over the weekend and played and played and played and it was awesome. Hopefully this new arrangement will give me a bit more ambition to play more and write again...it's been a long time since that's happened too...


Maybe I'll actually take pictures for you folks who don't live around here and haven't seen my tiny little place that I call home.

No comments: