Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I feel like I'm good at my job.

And what I mean by that is that I finally feel like I've made a difference somewhere. I'll briefly explain, without the details. This kid's relative called me yesterday really concerned about the kid in school, etc. and wanted a referral to a tutoring program or something that might help the kid out. The only thing I could think of that might work is this religious program that offers services for all sorts of kids from different backgrounds and they provide transportation. Anyway, I (ever so lightly, as this is a gov't agency I work for) explained the program and mentioned the religious base and gave the relative the contact information.

The relative called me tonight to thank me for the referral to the program and to let me know that he called the place and the kid is going to transfer there for school. And I did this referral without staffing the case with anyone and without hesitation and I'm proud of myself.

That's all.

I'm working late tonight (yeah...working...) so I can go to SAN FRANCISCO on Friday afternoon with Josh and Claire and Mike!!! Can't wait.

1 comment:

alison said...

Its awesome when you start feeling comfortable enough to actually Do your job. And I am sure you have been making much more of a difference than you know. You are pretty awesome, and i am sure that both the clients and staff are digging you.