Saturday, February 02, 2008

I want to Barack your world...

I am amazed at Boise, Idaho. I honestly didn't think 14,000 people would show up at the Taco Bell Arena today to see Barack Obama, especially since the media suggested arriving at 7:00 am for the 8:30 rally. Since the organizers only expected 8,000 the black back-drops had to be removed to be sure the folks sitting BEHIND the stage could see SOMETHING. I haven't sat in the nose-bleed section at the Arena since I was 11 years old and attending the New Kids on the Block concert in 6th grade. BUT, it was worth it! Ok, ok, Obama may have said "Iowa" a few times in place of "Idaho", but he recovered quickly and with a joke, no less. Who can blame him? The man is super busy flying in and out of places like Boise and Minneapolis all in one day. And no presidential candidate has been to Idaho to campaign since....well....I'm not sure any of them have....ever. I really don't have much to say about the actual speech, other than the fact that I've known for a long time that I like his views, actions, and ideas and today just confirmed all of that.

No comments: