Thursday, July 31, 2008

ok, I'm a slacker...

...and I haven't really blogged regularly. Oops! Here are the happenings:

--I am running a 5K on 9/20/08 with my neighbor, Lisa, and a bunch of co-workers/friends. I organized the group, so I figure it's enough to make ME not back out. Lisa and I started week 1 of 9 of the Couch-to-5K plan this week. Not too bad....yet! I'll try to fill you in next week. In the mean time, I started this blog for the participants. I like to think I am clever.

--I took a few weeks off from going to Weight Watchers meetings and felt like I gained a whole crap-load of weight. Really, I gained about 6 lbs. Not too bad, considering the amount of crap I ate. I guess 20-something days on the river actually DOES counter-balance SOME eating of the junk food. Anyway, I joined Weight Watchers online because it was too difficult to get to the meetings every week. I think I like the online stuff better - but really, truly believe that I'm at an advantage because I went to the meetings first. -3 lbs last week - go me!

--We are going to Josh's family's reunion tomorrow. I will attempt to report later.

--We got a new dishwasher. And table and chairs. And we picked out laminate flooring and carpet for the WHOLE house. And I am excited about ALL of it. It will be like we have a brand new house!

--We might need some muscles to help move our furniture into the garage for the new carpet. I will keep you posted if I need your help.

--Alison is moving back to Minnesota and I desperately want to go visit and go sing karaoke and attend BBQs. But we just bought all of that stuff and I have to finish my semester and I can't afford it. Sigh.

--Vegas in October!

1 comment:

alison said...

I want you to come here too :/

I did the C25k and it was a really good program. I stopped because my... ummm... intestines revolt from running. I did do one 5k race, and ran for a while after that, but i just hated trying to go out a few hours after a run and being trapped in a mall trying to find the nearest restroom... hope running agrees with you a little more than me!