Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I must be crazy

I had decided quite awhile ago that I was not going to take any summer courses this year because I had zero interest in the courses that were being offered in the Criminal Justice program. I actually had myself quite pumped about taking the summer to relax and have a good ol' time doing nothing...until last night. My classmate Salvador brought up the point that having grant writing experience is very helpful in the criminal justice field (I completely agree). This was followed up by my professor stating that, yes, it was a good idea and that he has "connections" (his wife) through a different college at BSU and that she would be teaching a grant writing course during the first 3 week session of summer school. After some thought and consideration, I decided to see what it was all about.

This is where I say I'm crazy. The class goes from May 14 to June 3, MONDAY-THURSDAY from 5:30 to 9:10 pm. The culmination of the course is a grant proposal of my own to actually submit, if I'd like to. This, combined with my project for this semester's 507 Policing course, should prove to be a worthwhile investment and I'm actually really excited about it. The part that I'm not so excited about is the fact that I will still be working 35 hours a week in hell, then heading off to class for several hours--4 days a week, for 3 weeks. Ouch.

The good thing about this is that I get to use these 3 credits as an elective course for the program. Yippee!
Of course, this is all conditional...I have to get permission from the prof to take teh course.

1 comment:

alison said...

grant writing is for suckers

but maybe you will like it ;)
maybe that new liquor law will help you get through...