Sunday, April 01, 2007

Poker Night

In case I haven't mentioned it before, Josh is a big poker player. We are constantly watching poker on TV and setting the DVR to record shows like "High Stakes Poker." So earlier in the week, when we were invited to go play poker at his friends' house, I knew that there would be no turning down the offer. Well, I could have turned it down, but that would have meant that I'd be at home alone on a Saturday night and let's face it, I really wanted to hang out with Josh. So I figured that I should go, even though I'm not a great player. I'd spend $20 and enjoy the company for a little while on a Saturday night.

I never expected to actually win any money.

But I did.

After paying Josh for my buy in (wasn't that nice of him?) and paying for my own add-on at the break, I left with an extra $85 in my pocket.

Question is, was I actually playing well, or was I just lucky?!

(Vegas in less than a month!)

7 comments:

Coop said...

Net or gross?

Miranda said...

Net = after subtracting costs, yes? Net, baby, ohhhh yeah.

Anonymous said...

$125 gross. And she played well, very tight, and it paid off. She won without getting any REALLY good hands. Very impressed. --josh

Coop said...

I do not know how they play in Vegas, but in Reno, it's seems to me that it's all about locals hustling outsiders. You'd sit down in for a game with three other people, and they would have an order where one would play the hand, and the others would fold, so it'd just be you and this one dude. Then they'd switch who played the next hand. Lots of money was lost. Not mine, because I relegated myself to Bingo and Slots. Well, mine too, just not at the Poker tables. Do you play PaiGao?

Miranda said...

Wow, thanks for that bit of information...it really makes me want to play poker in Vegas now...hmmm...I do not know PaiGao. What is it?

Coop said...

It's a type of Poker that has really good odds. Talk to Andy about it, he rocks.

Miranda said...

I like the sound of that. I will mention it tonight, right after I tell him that I put his name down as a reference...