Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Titles

Jon just came up with a great post about how he came up with the title for his blog, then asked his reading audience to explain why we titled our blogs the way we did. Call it a challenge, if you will...and I have accepted. His questions were as follows:

"To all my readers who are either bloggers or who have contemplated blogging, here's my question for you: what's up with your title? Why choose the title you chose? Or, why would you choose a certain title, were you to blog?"

I think mine came out of feeling sorry for myself, quite honestly. Or not. I may have been enjoying my ego a bit much and realized that I needed to tone it down and by naming my blog "Mediocrity Is Not So Bad," I imagined that, somehow, my big head might shrink a bit if I wanted to be the humble person that Jesus tells us to be. Either way, it doesn't really matter HOW I came up with it as much as I like the reasoning behind it. Who cares if you're not perfect? Who cares if your clothes don't match 100% of the time or if you look decent at the grocery store instead of magnificent? In other words, who cares if you're just mediocre? I posted it here a little over a year ago, "I'm OK with being unimpressive. I sleep better." Maybe people expect less out of you if you never who them exactly how much you can do. Lazy? Maybe. Mediocre? Absolutely! As said in the Edie Carey quote above, the middle is a pretty nice place to hide--and sometimes, I prefer it that way.

Whew, any comments? Better yet, care to answer the same question about your blog? (Claire, Jon actually posted about your blog in his intro to this topic...I'm sure he'd love to hear all about "Embracing the Awkward.")

1 comment:

alison said...

i answered your question in my blog. i don't think i have it linked in my profile, so to feed into your purported laziness, i will type it here:
http://throughlooking.blogspot.com