Friday, July 06, 2007

fire!

Last weekend, Josh and I took our friends Marc and Margaret on a little rafting/camping trip up near Cascade. We had a grand ol' time on the river, finding a camping site (at one point in time we had to unhitch the trailer from the Jeep and turn everything around on a narrow path), and eventually setting up camp for the night. Between the four of us, we had a shit-ton of booze. I really didn't think it was possible for Josh and I to find a couple who could rival our drinking capabilities, but sure enough, Marc and Margaret have skills! 30 Natural Lights, 6 Bud Light tall boys, 12 Keystone Lights, 1 bottle of white wine, and 1 Heinekin mini-keg later, I was nearly falling out of my chair and everyone got stupid. This is where the story gets interesting...

After the Heinekin mini-keg was out, Marc put it in the fire. Uhhhhh, yeah. Not too long after that, the keg exploded and blasted pieces of the keg all around us. Josh leaped from his chair and pulled me from mine. Marc and Margaret ran as quickly as possible away from the fire. Upon review of the situation, Josh found a HUGE chunk near his chair, but aside from that everyone seemed to be ok.

The next morning, I discovered 2 holes in my favorite camping pants from the explosion. Later that day, when I went to go swimming with my sister, I discovered 2 more holes in the breast area of my newest bathing suit, which I was wearing at the time of the incident.

The upside? Josh let me row more than on any other trip we've taken this season and I HAD to go get a new bathing suit top.



Some not-so-good photos from the day...

Note the mini-keg to the right of Marc--pre-explosion.



My super-hot boyfriend...

2 comments:

alison said...

ohhh... your boyfriend does look super hot in that pic :)
sorry about the explosion and glad to hear you are ok...
all this talk of trailers reminded me of the mishap you me and mim had in Canada. (do you remember that??) And also of that time that the asinine (how do you spell that) Luke drove us out on the beach in Seaside...) oh, the fun of a huge van & trailer...

Miranda said...

OMG, I think about that Canada trailer incident all the time, but don't think anyone would really appreciate it. As for the beach....I had completely forgotten about it until now. What an ass he was...ahhh hahahaha!