Friday, July 06, 2007

jobs

I just received a message on my phone from the assistant manager of the "center" where I recently applied for a position and interviewed. Mr. S said, "I want to thank you for applying and interviewing with us, unfortunately, we had to give the position to someone else. I will tell you that you DID finish with the highest score, but unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate your school schedule. Again, thanks for applying and don't hesitate to call with questions. Good luck." (woo hoo, I'm awesome!)

I have to say, I'm kind of relieved. I wasn't sure I'd take the position if it was offered to me, due to my school schedule (they couldn't guarantee that I'd have Tuesday and Thursdays off this fall for classes). Plus, I'd be working until 10 pm on the nights that I didn't have class, including weekends and holidays. But now I don't have to worry about it. In fact, maybe Mr. S can turn my application over to the people in charge of another opening I'm interested in....hmmm....either way, it looks like I'm still job hunting...
So does this mean he can turn my application over to

2 comments:

alison said...

well,at least you had the highest score...hey, you are smart! thats good, right?

Miranda said...

YES!!! I'm thinking that this means that I'm actually cut out for this sort of work...well, maybe when I'm out of school.