Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Vacation?

I just spent 6 days with my family in South Dakota with VERY limited phone access and no internet access. I have, quite literally, been playing solitaire and sudoku for 6 days. It's not as bad as it sounds (though, I fully admit that I was ready to get away from the family last night and hang out with an old college friend from Augie--thanks Mel!). In all actuality, the trip was nice. I got to see my grandparents and a ton of cousins, all of whom I haven't seen for several years.

However.......I did have quite the dilemma on Saturday (and still have it). That was the day that I realized I didn't have my wallet. I looked EVERYWHERE for it and came to the realization that it was nowhere to be found. I'm assuming that I lost it somewhere between the Minneapolis airport and the Sioux Falls airport, but I really haven't a clue. Thankfully, I didn't have a lot of cash (about $30...though, anyone who knows me knows that this is a lot of cash for me to be carrying around) and had no credit cards in it--just my debit card, which has since been canceled. However, I'm not sure how they are going to let me on the plane to come home--my driver's license is in there too. I was able to get a copy of my birth certificate from the Jerauld County Courthouse and now have a copy of my old passport, thanks to my mom's cousin Cathy back in Boise. Hopefully they will just give me an added security check and let me on my way. I absolutely HAVE to get back to Boise tonight....more on that by next week, I hope.

1 comment:

jb said...

i haven't been keeping up with the official miranda itinerary, so it's quite likely you are already back in idaho, but i had the same thing happen to me and you have nothing to worry about. i had my purse stolen the night before i flew home for thanksgiving a few years ago -- they are really more concerned with what you are carrying on the plane than who you are. just bring anything you have that has your name on it (a piece of mail, anything, really) and explain to them what happened. you'll be wanded and searched aboute 537829573 times, but they'll let you on the plane. :)