Friday, March 30, 2007

Productivity

It feels really, really good to get some quality stuff done, you know? I got up early, had some coffee, and continued writing my neighborhood analysis for this project that Jon and I are working on.

The sun warmed my feet as it shone through my window. It was a good morning.

I continued researching information about this particular neighborhood and realized that if I played my cards right, I could get A LOT more information from the Ada County Assessor's Office and the Development Office. I showered, put on clean, springy clothes, and headed out the door. It's amazing how much information you can get when you put on the charm and throw in that you are doing research for Boise State and the Ada County Sheriff's Office. They even pay for your parking under such circumstances!

I had a brief lunch date (mmm...Thai), then ran off to a meet with Jon and a contact we've made for our project. Extreme productivity. Extreme interest.

It feels really, really good to do things right. It feels really, really good to get feedback saying that the work we're doing is worthwhile and will make a difference. I finally feel like I've started to create a niche for myself in my research style and methods.

Today, I love grad school.

2 comments:

alison said...

holy crap. i come back here and there are like a million entries. what a crazy life you lead.

side question that you may not know. is a neighborhood analysis like a needs assessment?
maybe thats just a social work term. just curious.

Miranda said...

I know, I've been quite the blogger this week...that's what happens when I have important things to do...I procrastinate.

On the other note, a neighborhood analysis just means looking at all aspects of a particular area and writing about everything possible. In our case, it means looking at community organizations/businesses, renters vs owners of houses, land lots, calls for police service, and so on. From this, we are looking at solutions to problems in the area. So, I suppose it could be like a needs assessment, but for a community, rather than an individual...make sense?