Thursday, March 29, 2007

I heart skiing

I didn't take Wednesday off from working on coursework to go skiing as I had hoped to..but I DID take Thursday morning! Kristen and I were both suffering from "oops, I drank a bottle of wine by myself last night" syndrome, but that didn't stop us from getting up to Bogus Basin when they opened at 10am.

I probably have not mentioned this before, but I actually did know how to ski prior to my lessons in February, so when I found out that all of the green runs were closed for the season (save one, "Coach's Corner") I was not devastated. Kristen, on the other hand, is not a very confident skier (and I can say this because she fully admits it). After a quick refresher run down Coach's Corner, Kristen took some deep breaths and attempted a run that was a tad more difficult. She fell a few times an bruised her ego a bit, so we did what I seem to do best these days after getting down the slopes--hit the bar for a bloody mary. The tender must have known that she REALLY needed that drink, as he didn't even ask for our IDs. With a bit of liquid courage, I thought she would get back out there, but it didn't quite happen that way. I took a few more blue runs while Kristen took it easy on the Coach's Corner before we headed back to town.

By 2 pm, Kristen was at work and I put on my productive pants--car emissions, check. New hair drier, check. Paper started, check. Time with boyfriend, check. Home, happy, and tired, check, check, check.

No comments: