Thursday, March 01, 2007

Patty Griffin Tickets


I heard on the radio a little while back that Patty Griffin will be performing at the Egyptian Theater in Boise this month. I immediately called two people--first, my friend Alison in Chicago, who loves Patty nearly as much as I do (if not more) to gloat about the fact that Ms Griffin would be strolling through my fabulous town and I had every intention of going to see her. Second, I called my sister to ensure that she would be attending with me....I don't think I know anyone else in town who would appreciate the show as much as her. Both phone calls in place, I continued on with my day (that's the day we took the Jeep out and got nice and muddy!)

Fast forward to February 28th, when I finally made my way to the Record Exchange in downtown Boise to get our tickets. Yes, they still had some! (as if she is soooo well known that her show would be sold out...ahhh, how I dream) I also picked up her latest album, "Children Running Through." I was ecstatic! I had even made plans to leave Stats class early that day to make sure I found a parking spot without an issue. Nothing was going to stop me from getting to the Egyptian and seeing every bit of the show as I paid for, damn it.

Fast forward again to today's Stats class. It turns out that a bunch of my classmates will be at the ACJS conference in mid-March, in some town that I don't care about right now and the exam that was scheduled for March 13th is now schedule for March 20th. EFFFFFFFFINGGGGGGGG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! You've got to be kidding me....the same day as the EFFING CONCERT!!! You can imagine my rage, disappointment, etc. when this was brought up. Granted, I have 2 hours to finish the exam that starts at 6pm and with any luck, I'll be able to finish early within that 2 hour window and get downtown before Patty takes the stage...and Patty Griffin will be the BEST reward EVER for finishing a Stats exam...buuuuuuut....ugh.

I suppose I should also mention the fact that the exam may be moved to that Thursday, the 22nd, but this wouldn't be nearly as good of a blog if I mentioned it, so I'll just leave that for another time. Oh wait...

Oh, and on a completely different note, tonight in Stats, my friend Jon tried to throw a gum wrapper at my face and "accidently" threw it down my cleavage. It sat in my shirt for the duration of class and only fell out after I got home and realized that Grey's Anatomy was a rerun. Man, what a day...

(oh, and 2 months minus a day until VEGAS!!!)

2 comments:

alison said...

shoot! I forgot to buy tickets! arg... I have to go and see if they still have some now. I am such a forgetful person...
well i hope you love the concert.
and please post about why you are going to las vegas.
are you a showgirl now?

Coop said...

It was an accident. I throw like a girl. Well, I throw like a guy who used to be a cheerleader. I'd make an awesome super hero.