Tuesday, March 20, 2007

la chienne



Late Saturday morning, a bitch showed up wanting to enter my open door (it was nice outside so I had the door open for some fresh air)--she was timid, but very insistent upon coming inside. Sure enough, as soon as I turned around to fold some clothes, she came inside and laid down on the floor. Weird, right? I shooed her outside again but every time I turned around, she was in my apartment. Eventually, I just let her hang out for awhile. After all, I didn't want to close my door and quite frankly, she was cute. I had a few biscuits in my cupboard, so I gave those to her. When I left later that night, she followed me to my car, whined a little bit, then chased my car down the street when I drove off.

She was there waiting for me when I got home. When I left in the morning, she was waiting at my doorstep. When I came home, she greeted me at my car door. When I sat in the yard reading, she laid on the ground next to my chair. On Monday morning when my alarm went off, she was barking outside my front door to come inside. When I returned late Monday night, she was there...again.

I know it's my fault that I gave her food and let her in for a few hours one day, but I can't keep her. There's no way that I have the time/energy/money to watch/walk/pay for dog food and vet services for her the way she needs to be cared for. So that kind of stinks, because she's super cute and even knows how to sit...and she doesn't jump up on you or your furniture...and she's good company...and I even have a yard. Sigh.

So I called the Humane Society today to come pick her up. So, I suppose if you live in the Boise area and you want a cute dog, you should either call me right away or head over to the Humane Society ASAP to get her...

4 comments:

jb said...

do you think they could ship him to minnesota? cutest ever!

Coop said...

Technically, you should have titled this post "la chienne", as it is a she-dog.

I hate going to the hs...it's hard not to leave with a new member of the family.

Good for you for taking care of her, though. I wonder how successful the HS would be using craig's list...

Miranda said...

I should have known that--it's just been so long since I've spoken or written in French. Consider it changed. JB--If I could send the dog to you, I most certainly would! You'd be the best dog mama ever!

Coop said...

Well, just to be the ass I am, it should still be "le chien", because "la chienne" is now really only used as a derogatory remark, similar to our c and f words...